Thursday, January 28, 2016

United States Of Japan by Peter Tieryas

United States Of Japan by Peter Tieryas


4/5

What if Japan won the second world war?  That is the premise that this scifi thriller, and it grips its reader from the start in a believable alternate history and a intriguing mystery.

I enjoyed this story, it had the right blend of action and suspense melded with a cyberpunk vibe.  The reader is given a feel of what life would be like in Imperial Japan.  Paranoia and duty are some of the themes explored in this book.

The plot is thrilling.  I could not put this book down for an extended period of time without wanting to pick it back up again.  I kept finding it in my hands to read a bit more.  The action and suspense are top notch, and this is as it should be.  At the root of this story, it is a political-legal thriller set in a scifi world, and that was just what I was looking for when I picked up this book.  The plot is well thought out, intriguing, and moves at a good pace, blending suspense and action perfectly.

The characters are well developed, and behave in very believable ways. They are full three dimensional characters that really help with story, and you find yourself interested in them.

I will admit that when I first looked at this book, with the Mecha looming over a city scape, I was expecting some action oriented bit of escapism, and not much else.  This book had action, and well crafted action, but it was more then that.  It was that level of depth to this story that took it to the next level.  I would recommend this book to fans of Scifi, alternate earth, of thrillers.  I will definitely be keeping an eye on this author and following his work

No comments:

Post a Comment